Resources - Ransomware decryptors
"Ransomeware" is a sub-category of malicious software that encrypts its victims data then demands a ransom be paid to decrypt it. The software listed here are free solutions that may be helpful to you if you are a victim. If you know of a free ransomware decryptor product that is not listed here, please contact us.
- No More Ransom! - Decryption Tools
- Law enforcement and IT Security companies have joined forces to disrupt cybercriminal businesses with ransomware connections. The "No More Ransom" website is an initiative by the National High Tech Crime Unit of the Netherlands' police, Europol's European Cybercrime Centre, Kaspersky Lab, and McAfee with the goal to help victims of ransomware retrieve their encrypted data without having to pay the criminals.
- Emsisoft Decrypter for Nemucod
- Kaspersky Labs
- Kaspersky Labs, who are probably most famous for their anti-virus and internet security solutions, have teamed up with the National High Tech Crime Unit (NHTCU) of the Netherlands.
Guides and other useful information
- History of Ransomware
- Comparitech explains that Ransomware is one of the largest threats you can face today, both on your own PC at home, and at work too. This blog article details Ransomware from its humble beginnings to how it has become a massive global business that nets millions, if not billions, of dollars for its creators.